The Top 20 Questions asked at Interview
Welcome to the first post in the Boyce Recruitment Blog. We hope our blog will give you useful job-seeking advice – please feel free to let us know if there’s a particular topic you’d like us to cover in future.
Our first few posts are going to concentrate on interview technique and tips. The posts will include tips and advice from some of our top clients on what makes a successful candidate and on how you can give the best possible interview.
Top 20 Questions
- What attracted you to our company and why do you want to work for us?
- Why are you interested in this role and why now?
- What are your 3 main strengths and 3 main weaknesses?
- Tell us about our last role and why you are leaving?
- What is the biggest success or sense of achievement you have experienced in your career to date?
- What strengths can you bring to the role and what are the challenges that you see for yourself in this role?
- If I lined up 4 of your best friends, how would they describe you and how would that differentiate you from your Supervisor? And how would you describe yourself in a working environment?
- In what areas would you like to improve?
- What could you offer to this role above all other candidates?
- Where do you see yourself fitting in with the company or the team?
- What do you enjoy doing in your spare time?
- If I gave you £50,000, what would you spend it on?
- Where do you want to progress to? Have you thought about your career plan?
- What motivates you?
- Why are you interested in our particular organisation above others within our industry?
- What made you follow the career path that you have chosen?
- What 3 qualities would you say that you need for Sales/ Market Research person, PA, PR Account Manager ?
- Define customer service in your own words
- What IT systems have you used?
- What creatively inspires you?
This isn’t an exhaustive list of the questions you might be asked, but having an answer for all of these is a good preparation for any interview. In our next posting, we’ll look at competency-based questions and how to respond to them.
- Tips from the Team
- Sector news
- Market Research, Insight & Analytics
- Broadcast & Media
- Pr & Communications
- Temporary/ Freelance recruitment
- Corporate & Business Support
- Data Analytics
- Digital marketing
- IT France
- Post production
- boyce recruitment updates
- Help for jobseekers