Peronality of the week – Presentation Manager
This week our ‘Personality of the Week’ is a Presentation Manager within the Television industry. A Presentation Manager is responsible for a team of Presentation Schedulers and manages the Presentation Scheduling Department. They are responsible for what is seen on screen by us, the audience. The role involves a high level of attention to detail and reactivity to changes that may appear in the schedule as well as responsibility for the ultimate appearance of the channel before it is transmitted. It also involves line management responsibilities, and requires strong communication and people management skills.
If you are interested in a role as a Presentation Manager then please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Name: Paul Nolan
Job title: Presentation Manager
- Favourite animal: Pug dogs
- Favourite book: The Hobbit by J.R.R Tolkien
- Favourite film: Little Miss Sunshine.
- Favourite food: Everything, I have a stomach to match a goats, but Tapas is a current beau.
- Favourite accent: French
- Most memorable holiday: Cyprus; going to the gorgeous capital Nicosia and wandering down old, narrow streets, visiting Crusader forts and the amazing food (Meze).
- Favourite catchphrase: The last lines of a Robert Frost poem called The Road Not Taken where Robert Frost declares that taking the road "less traveled by… made all the difference".
- Items I can’t live without: A picture of my old pug dog (see photo), my oyster card & my sudoku book.
- What are the first three things you do in the morning: hit my alarm clock, thump my alarm clock, fall back to sleepppppzzzzzz.
- How did you get started in the industry? I dated a girl in a recruitment agency who happened to get me a temp job at Sky working in acquisitions!
- What do you enjoy the most about your job? The fact that the marketplace is so competitive which means you have to be constantly on top of your game.
- What three adjectives would other people use to describe you? Dedicated, proficient, thoughtful.
- What three adjectives describe the skills you need to do your job? Communication, accuracy and a thick skin.
- What is the most valuable thing you have learnt in your career? Learn who the goodies and the baddies are in your organisation and choose sides accordingly.
- What tips would you give to someone starting out in this industry? Make a career plan & constantly revisit it, revise it and most of all action it.
- What has been the best moment of your career to date? Gaining praise in a packed meeting full of peers and bosses after project managing a very successful commercial ad campaign. I glowed for days.
- What do you hope to achieve on your career in the next decade ? Perhaps one day becoming a channel director overseeing lots of broadcast departments.
- When did you last go on holiday and where did you go? I last went to Poznan (Poland) for a Polish / Italian wedding which was also a short break. To my embarrassment I was out-sung, out-danced and out-drunk by the Italians. The shame still lives with me.
- What do you spend your money on? Loose women and fast cars.
- If I knew then what I know now I ……I would have listened to my Grandmother&rsquos; advice about women and relationships.
- Post production
- Tips from the Team
- Sector news
- Market Research, Insight & Analytics
- Broadcast & Media
- Pr & Communications
- Temporary/ Freelance recruitment
- Corporate & Business Support
- Data Analytics
- Digital marketing
- IT France
- boyce recruitment updates
- Help for jobseekers