This week we asked the team to give us their top reasons to work in recruitment . We managed to rustle up 10 top reasons to work in our industry.
These are not listed in order of popularity although the top three answers were 1, 3 and 10.
1. It’s great to be part of the process in helping candidates find their dream job and make that placement.
2. The commission! Being rewarded for the work you do. It is hard work, the hours can be long and it can be frustrating at times.
Nothing beats the thrill of placing a candidate in a job they wanted, the client is happy they have secured their services and you have earned commission from it.
3. The opportunity to build strong working relationships with clients and candidates.
4. The variety of jobs and people you meet and the chance to mix with different nationalities and cultures.
5. The fact that everyday is different and you are always learning from your clients, candidates and the market as a whole.
6. The dynamic, fast pace atmosphere when things are busy and everyone is on the phone.
7. Working with dynamic likeminded people.
8. The chance to make a difference.
9. The opportunity to work with some really exciting brands, learn about their sector and help them become even better by finding them fantastic people for their roles.
10. The responsibility the role offers with the chance to manage your own desk and clients and have a real sense of ownership of the work you do. What you put in you get out.