Personality of the Week – Recruitment
This week our Personality of the Week works in recruitment . Recruitment is a very diverse role which involves client / candidate management, business development , attending presentations, meeting and interviewing candidates, organising interviews and the best bit of all is letting candidates know when they have received a job offer!
Not for the fainthearted, the rewards are second to none although it is a role that always requires passion and commitment. This week our personality feature is based on one of our most passionate recruiters working within our digital team.
Name: Clare Evitts
Job title: Recruitment Consultant
Industry : Marketing, Advertising and Sales
- Favourite animal: Dog, they’re loyal and amusing
- Favourite book: The Kite Runner
- Favourite film: City of Angels or Love Actually!
- Favourite food: Bangers and Mash
- Favourite accent: Sean Connery’s
- Most memorable holiday: My 2 year expedition in Turkey.
- Favourite catchphrase: Persistence beats resistance!
- Items for room 101: Madonna, courgettes, Belly buttons and David Bowe
- What are the first three things you do in the morning: Snooze my alarm! Make my bed including arranging my 8 pointless cushions, Shower.
- How did you get started in the industry? Moved to London and discovered the massive world of recruitment.
- What do you enjoy the most about your job? Finding someone their perfect job and hearing how happy they are when you tell them they’ve got it!
- What three adjectives would other people use to describe you? Confident, positive and emotional
- What three adjectives describe the skills you need to do your job? Inquisitive, organized and Persistent
- What is the most valuable thing you have learnt in your career? To stay positive, negativity brings down everything and everyone.
- What tips would you give to someone starting out in this industry? Research the sector, look at the competitors and remember things always change. Read and Research!
- What has been the best moment of your career to date? Having a client in a previous sector ask me to help with 5 new openings in their company and finding 5 perfect people to fill those jobs!
- What do you hope to achieve on your career in the next decade? I would like to be a well known name in my new sector, to have my own business within a business.
- When did you last go on holiday and where did you go? I went to Greece on a group Holiday in August 2008
- What do you spend your money on? Concerts and good food! Oh and clothes (I’m a woman after all!)
- If I knew then what I know now I… would spend more time with my family and less time partying and I would follow my dreams instead of worrying about the consequences so much!