Personality of the week – European Bond Support Manager
This week our Personality of the Week works for a financial information company. They are a leading global provider of financial market data, analytics and related services to financial institutions, active traders and individual investors. Our personality works in the Fixed Income evaluations department where he is the manager of the European Bond Support team. He is responsible for dealing with client requests and queries daily, and helping to support the evaluations team with any issues they may have. This role requires excellent market knowledge and strong client services skills.
If you are interested in a role like this, then please contact us at email@example.com
Name : Paul Graham
Job title: Manager – European Bond Support
Industry : Finance
- Favourite animal: Orangutans
- Favourite book: Paddy Clarke Ha Ha Ha – Roddy Doyle
- Favourite film: Ferris Bueller’s Day Off
- Favourite food: Thai
- Favourite accent: Yorkshire
- Most memorable holiday: Salar de Uyuni (Salt Plains) in Bolivia
- Favourite catchphrase: Don’t have one…
- Items for room 101: People with catchphrases, kids with hooters at football matches, people who carry small dogs everywhere.
- What are the first three things you do in the morning: Yawn, swear, put the radio on
- How did you get started in the industry? Boyce found me a graduate position actually!
- What do you enjoy the most about your job? The people
- What three adjectives would other people use to describe you? Calm, approachable, musical (possibly)
- What three adjectives describe the skills you need to do your job? Self-motivated, analytical, team-focused
- What is the most valuable thing you have learnt in your career? Ensure you’re working with the right people
- What tips would you give to someone starting out in this industry? Don’t become complacent – decide what you want to get out of the industry, focus on it, and become an expert in that area; if it turns out that’s not for you, move into another area.
- What has been the best moment of your career to date? Seeing various members of my team develop, achieve and improve
- What do you hope to achieve in your career in the next decade ? To still to want to come into work everyday!
- When did you last go on holiday and where did you go? South of France, and last week
- What do you spend your money on? Music, food and drink
- If I knew then what I know now I…would like to think I’d do exactly the same things again